Hey, I need a fast, accurate way to check for an internet connection, here are some things I have tried.
So, any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for any input.
- Pros: Its super Fast
- Only tells you if you are connected to a network
- Gives a false positive when you are still connecting to a network (a problem with bad wireless connections)
- Try to contact a website with a System.Net.webrequest
- Pros: It works great when you actually have an internet connection (0.14 seconds)
- Cons: When you dont have an internet connection it is slow (2.34 seconds)