Templates missing from Windows Phone SDK 7.1
I am using Visual Studio 2010 and have installed the Windows Phone SDK 7.1 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27570) on my machine. However, several of the Project Templates were not added, such as Windows Phone 3D Graphics Application. I tried doing a Repair/Reinstall, but it did not help. Why am I not seeing these new templates, and what can I do to install them? Thanks.
This article shows how it should look when you select the menu command "File > New Project": New Windows Phone application types | .NET Zone
Are you saying you don't see those templates? Are you drilled down in the tree on the left?
That is correct, I don't see the new templates, I only see the following ones:
Windows Phone Application
Windows Phone Audio Playback Agent
Windows Phone Audio Streaming Agent
Windows Phone Class Library
Windows Phone Databound Application
Windows Phone Panorama Application
Windows Phone Pivot Application
Windows Phone Scheduled Task Agent
Windows Phone Silverlight and XNA Application
Here are the two differences I can see:
1. Windows Phone 3D Graphics Application is missing
2. Mine says Windows Phone Scheduled Task Agent, will the one on the site you mention says Windows Phone Task Scheduler Agent
The one that is important to me is Windows Phone 3D Graphics Application, but I would obviously like to have whatever I am supposed to have. Thanks.
This problem is so common. Have you tried repairing the Windows Phone SDK or reinstalling it? You can do this with the following steps below:
1. Click "Start"
2. Click "All Programs"
3. Click "Control Panel"
4. Click "Uninstall a Program" under "Programs"
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for "Windows Phone SDK 7.1 - ENU". Once you see it, right-click and select "Uninstall/Change"
6. You will be prompted to "Repair/Reinstall" or "Uninstall"
7. Select the "Repair/Reinstall" option, click "Next" and see if that helps
8. If it doesn't, select the "Uninstall" option and run the Windows Phone SDK installer again
Yes, I have tried that, no difference
Tags for this Thread