About VB.NET to C#.Net Conversion Soft.

alim

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi guyz,

Does AnyOne know the name of any good soft that can convert VB.Net Code to C#.net code..

(free would be better)

thanks in advance

There are various online converters that will do the job with varying degrees of success. A search should turn them up. None of them will 100% though.

SharpDevelop is a free .NET IDE that can convert code I believe, although I've never used it so I don't know how effective it is. I'd guess it would be better than the online offerings and it would work with more than snippets.

I use Instant C# and you'll find that it is pretty close to 100% accurate, even for complex code involving new features. There is a free trial but it has limitations. If you will use it regularly then it's definitely worth the price.

I use Developer Fusion to go from C#.NET to VB.NET, but they also have a converter to go in the opposite direction - I've never used it though.

On an off-topic topic, there's no such thing as C#.NET. There's only one C# so it's just C#. The name VB.NET is used to distinguish it from VB6 and earlier, which did not target the .NET Framework, but officially it's just VB too. C# didn't exist before .NET so there's no need to distinguish anything.

Back