aspx page won't run

Anne Marie

Programming Experience
5-10
I've developed a web app using vstudio .net 2002 on Windows XP. My app runs perfectly fine on my machine.

I've copied my project files to a windows 2000 web server. I've created an application and the aspx filter is visible for all the extensions. Still, IIS 5.0 on web server won't run default.aspx, but if I rename it default.htm it will run.

I suspect there is a configuration issue somewhere. Can someone point me in a direction. I've tried several things already for a week and still no luck. I need help. Thank you.

JohnH,

Well in Anne Marie's last post it doesn't look like she has created the application, or knows where to...

Last edited by a moderator:
TPM -- Check out my first post where it says I've created the application. Thanks for the screen shot though.

John H -- I looked up MapPath function, however, after reading several articles, was still not sure of what the code should be or where it goes. I suspected it would be code-behind. I'll look at the code that is automatically generated and see where there is reference to a physical file system path.

No, it isn't a domain controller. Believe it or not, I am still unable to get the aspx page to work.

Now I'm getting "Page not found." I can actually display default.aspx on the production server. I put a button on default.aspx with Response.write to display a message "you clicked the button." When I click on the button, it says "Page not found".

I've done everything I can think of and am still unable to get a aspx page to run on the production server!!!

This sounds like an ntfs security issue to me. Does your application folder allow access by the asp.net machine account?

Latest posts

Back