consuming a web service - no data returned

Jupiter

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi...

I have created a vb.net project and added a webservice which created the proxy server reference also. The webreference name and tablespace name is MyService

Here is my code
Dim ws as Myservice.AccountService = New Myservice.AccountService
Dim accnum as String
Dim request As New Myservice. retrieveICAccountDetailsRequest
Request.accountnumber = accnum
Dim response As new Myservice.retrieveICAccountDetailsResponse2
Response = ws.retrieveICAccountDetails(Request)

This doesnt error but the results returned in response are all empty. The webmethods team assures me the data is being passed back in the call.
The method exposed is retrieveICAccountDetails which shows as an option when you type ws dot . ive passed the account number in the request (retrieveICAccountDetailsRequest) so would expect to see the reponse returned but there is nothing.

The wsdl has the following and I am told the results are passed in retrieveICAccountDetailsResponse, however the only options that appear when I type Myservice. Are retrieveICAccountDetailsRequest and retrieveICAccountDetailsResponse2
However im told the wsdl is correct and the response is in retrieveICAccountDetailsResponse so will show in retrieveICAccountDetailsResponse2, but it doesn?t come through to me and I don?t know anything about wsdl struture?complex types etc...

- <xsd:complexType name="retrieveICAccountDetails">
- <xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="retrieveICAccountDetailsRequest" nillable="true" type="tns:retrieveICAccountDetailsRequest" />
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
- <xsd:complexType name="retrieveICAccountDetailsRequest">
<xsd:element name="accountNumber" form="qualified" type="xsd:string" />
- <xsd:complexType name="retrieveICAccountDetailsResponse">
<xsd:element name="retrieveICAccountDetailsResponse" nillable="true" type="tns:retrieveICAccountDetailsResponse2" />
- <xsd:complexType name="retrieveICAccountDetailsResponse2">
<xsd:element name="returnAccountNumber" form="qualified" type="xsd:string" />

does this wsdl look correct?

Back