Question control to display image and name?

Zexor

Programming Experience
3-5
What would be the best control to use if i want to parse all the images from a webpage and display them and their name. Would a listview be good choice? What if i also want to be able to group them into different groups?

You know how you use '=' and '<>' to compare objects of a similar type to see whether they are equal or not equal? You're able to do that because there are '=' and '<>' operators defined for those types just like that.

The issue there is that, while C# uses '==' and '!=' for both value and reference types, VB uses different operators. For value types VB uses '=' and '<>'. For reference types (ListView is a class and therefore a reference type) VB uses 'Is' and 'IsNot'.

So what you are saying is, those 2 Operators are useless for listview in VB and i can just comment them out.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that, on the lines that you indicated the errors occur on, you need to use 'Is' instead of '=' and 'IsNot' instead of '<>'.

i also notice, the gridlines will disappear once i turned on group on a listview. is it just the way it is or there is a simple way to turn them back on?

Back