Creating virtual directory alias

bentorres

Programming Experience
Beginner
I need to create a virtual directory alias which redirects user to a given web page. If there is no VD for that page, then master page ref works well.As soon as I created VD and try to get that same page by entering the path to VD, I got the error message

Server Error in '/subdirectory' Application.
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The file '/subdirectory/MasterPage.master' does not exist.

Source Error:

VB.NET:
Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" EnableSessionState="true" EnableViewState="false" Title="Web Page" %>

Source File: /subdirectory/webpage.aspx Line: 1

(i)Make sure that the user account that the server is running under has permissions to access that directory.

(ii)When using "~" in a file path, make sure that the current application deployment believes the root directory is the same as it was before.

(iii)Open IIS, right-click on the virtual directory folder for this site, and selected "Convert to Application." Refresh and check again.

Back