Crystal Reports error after website installation

ser

Programming Experience
10+
Hi there

I have written a website in dot net and included in the site are some reports written with the crystal designer that comes with VS.Net 2003.

However, when I install the application on the target machine, using an installation package created from the dot net Web Setup Project wizard, I get the following error when attempting to run any of the reports:
Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode.
This file isn't in the file list included in the crystal_managed2003.msm that is included in the setup package.

Has anyone had this issue before, and how did you fix it?

Cheers
Simon

This issue only exists on the development computer when working with a web application. This issue does not apply to deployment.

Solution

This error message appears because the following registry keys do not have rights for the ASPNET account:

- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{4A4D268A-DF9B-4FC1-8301-D9FEEEF69F9C}

- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{8D43D0B9-C14E-4577-9E67-A9A1EEF82302}

To resolve this error message, give these two registry keys ASPNET read rights. If you are running ASPNET under the System account, then the System account must have the rights to this key.

To give ASPNET read rights to a registry key:

1. Go into the 32-bit Registry Editor (Start > Run > then type "regedt32"). For Windows XP computers, type "regedit" instead of "regedt32".

2. Go to 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT' and select the 'Interface' key.

3. Highlight "{4A4D268A-DF9B-4FC1-8301-D9FEEEF69F9C}" and select the "Security" menu then click "Permissions…". (When using regedit in Windows XP, select the "Edit" menu then click "Permissions…".)

4. In the permissions dialog, add the "ASPNET" account from the local computer and give this account read rights.

5. Go to 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT' and select the 'TypeLib' key. Repeat steps 3 to 4, except use the "{8D43D0B9-C14E-4577-9E67-A9A1EEF82302}" key.

====================
NOTE:

In order to have access to these registry keys, keycodev2.dll must be registered. To register keycodev2.dll, go to Start > Run and type:

Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin\keycodev2.dll"

If keycodev2.dll cannot be registered, refer to knowledge base article c2012603.

Cheers ;)

I am also facing a similar probem.

Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode.

I have created crystal reports in my local server using VisualStudio.NET 2003, and its working properly.

And now I want to copy these crystal files to my remote webserver. All the hosted files except the crystal reports are working fine there. But one problem is, I don't have access to run Regsvr32 there in my remote server, and also I haven't created any setup projects for my application, I just copy the files manually to the remote server.

So I want to know whether there is any other way, like copying of some dlls can solve my problem, other than executing the regsrv32.

Can anyone guide me in this matter???

:eek:

Back