Customizable radiobutton appearance>button colors for each state

AdamAnt

Programming Experience
1-3
I know how to make a toggle button by changing the radiobutton Appearance property to 'Button'. That provides the exact functionality I am looking for, but I want to be able to change the visual appearance of the button for each state (up, hover, click/down, and checked) including backcolor, border, size, font, and text color. Ideally the backcolor would still have the pseudo-gradient look of the stock button.

You're going to have to draw the control yourself. I've never done it so I don't know all the details but you can find information about custom drawing a control with a web search. It's not a trivial exercise though, so be prepared.

I know how to create a line path, arc path, and then draw the path with a designated pen, but this seems extremely cumbersome and overly complicated. Is there an easier way to do this?

Would it be possible to create a custom button control with a checked property? Any idea how I would change the color while keeping the pseudo-gradient look of the stock buttons?

How does VS handle the radiobutton attribute where only one radiobutton in an area is checked at a time? I know I can use if/then statements to check all other controls in the area for their checked state and change it to false, but again, that seems overly complicated. Is there a way to loop through all other controls, check for type, if type is togglebutton, togglebutton1.checked = false, then continue checking the rest of the controls?

Can I add a checked state to a custom button control (normal, hover, mouse down, *checked*)? And how do I change attributes of those states?

Back