Resolved Debugging: Step Into (F8) Not Working

jcardana

Old to VB6, New to VB.NET
Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm from the VB6 generation so yes, I'm a total nubie to VB.NET. I have searched the internet and found a couple "solutions" that didn't work.

I made a new project, added the SplashScreen form and added a module I've previously made. In the module, I have a SetupGlobals subroutine which is called by the SplashScreen_Load event.

In Options... Debugging... I have "Step over properties and operators (Managed Only)" UNCHECKED.

When I Step Into the code using F8, it breaks at the subroutine SplashScreen_Load (which is correct due to the above setting), but when I Step Into the call of SetupGlobals, it just blows through and breaks at SplashScreen_Activated subroutine.

I'm hoping my problem is an incorrect setting somewhere within VS Community 2015.

How do I get VS to actually Step In?

Thank you for your time,
Joe

When I Step Into the code using F8
That is VB6 keyboard mapping scheme it appears, and it should work. Don't know why is doesn't for you, but you could try reset settings if you perhaps accidentally changed something unknown: -ResetSettings (devenv.exe)

Last edited:
Make sure you project's Compile Configuration is set to 'Debug'. if it's set to 'Release' it might cause the IDE to skip over many of the Debug features

Last edited:
Back