Question Degree or Microsoft Certified ?

jayware33

Programming Experience
Beginner
this is a question tht has been bothering me for ages. Would i be better of having a degree or getting Microsoft Certified? what would be best and the benefits of each other do you think?

How old are you? Personally I would aim for the degree and pick up certs on the way, then after having a minimum of a bachelors degree, I'd look into getting a career lined up and it's possible your job would help pay for more certs.

im 22, currently working full time though and studying for the MCTS in ASP.NET ... final year into it via computeach. but didnt know which would hold more weight in the IT industry. once im certified i understand its hard to get a chance as you have little experience in the IT sector so was thinking of doing my own projects to show employers what i can do? that's my plan.

I believe given your age you should focus more on school and getting a bachelors degree if you don't already have one. That's just my opinion though.

cool, although i have spent over 5K so far getting this far :( so think i will finish what im doing get my MCP/ MCTS and then look into software design ect and head down the degree route if need be?

Back