Question Different versions of dll's...

lidds

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am developing a plugin into a third party control. They ship a SDK dll with their application to allow you to do this. However I am writing the plugin using version 1.1.0.0 of their SDK, but when trying to run the application on a clients machine that has a new version of the software the SDK version is 1.4.0.0 and my app throws the following error:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'MyDll.dll, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=764d581291d764f7' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

When the dll is referenced into Visual Studio I have changed the Specific Version property to false, however this has not made any difference. The dll is not reference from GAC.

Is there a way that I can tell my application to just use the version of dll that is on the users machine? I have checked with the 3rd party vendor and the functionality that I am using has not changed in any of the versions as they use a back-ward compatibility approach to their software.

Thanks

Simon

Back