Display a tooltip for each item in a combo box

flann

Programming Experience
Beginner
I can't seem to figure out or find the answer to how you would add a tooltip for each item in a combo box using vb.net 2003. Is this even possible, I can't believe that with all the functionality with vb.net that I wouldn't be able to do this. Can anybody help me?

Thank you for responding, however when I opened the project, the mouse over on each item didn't work. I looked at your code and I didn't see anywhere that this would happen. Under the sub ComboBox1_MouseHover I changed the code to Me.ToolTip1.SetToolTip(Me.ComboBox1, "hello") to see what it would do, it just gives a tool tip for the combo box, not each item. The way you had it, didn't even give a tooltip for the combo box. Is it possible to set a different tooltip for each item, I need to be able to put acronyms in the combo box, and have a tool tip give the full meaning.

Thank you for all your efforts

it's close, but I need to be able to have the tooltip in appear when the menu drops down and you hover over any item. I also need to be able to have the tool tip be different from what is in the combo box. An example would be, SEO would be in the combo box and then when you hover, the tool tip would be Search Engine Optimization.

Thanks
Flann

Last edited:
Back