Do you use the MSDN Documentation?

Administrator

VB.NET Forum Admin
Programming Experience
10+
I certainly depend on Google extensively for my questions, however, the MSDN documentation is becoming more and more my "book" rather than the books I used to buy! I have to admit, this morning I spent some time reading the MSDN docs on web services, I have a need to understand things and get the most out of things, and the web services sections are really well informed! I used to shy away from MSDN documentation, but they really have put more "discussion" into the docs these days rather than just ndoc style library scanning. I am going to lean towards the MSDN docs more now that I am quite impressed with the educational tone it now lends!

A lot of work has been put into the new MSDN. I've been finding my self not needing to go to other sources as much as I used to. I think the reason is because now only one set of documentation needs to be maintained. In the past, they had to maintain the doc for VB, C, C++, and others. Now it's all just .NET, with multiple code samples. They also revamped the internal cross referencing and made things easier to navigate.

-tg

The only gosh durned problem, and seems to be more than not, with nothing having been installed, is this "Help Update in Progress!" So much wasted time waiting on this when it does happen!

Back