Get A Report Viewer to Show different reports

divjoy

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

I having been using VS 2013 for a few months now and decided I would try and get a Report Viewer on a Form to show different reports.

I use a Form for the user to choose the report and then on launching the Report Viewer I change the details to show that specific report.

There's a few examples on the internet which I have followed very closely but its very tricky. Maybe somebody done something similar.

See How to Switch Reports in a ReportViewer - Ged Mead's Blog - vbCity - The .NET Developer Community

Here my code the FrmReportViewer load. All my dataset test out OK as does the DB connections and rdlc.

VB.NET:
Private Sub FrmReportViewer_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim ReportNo As Integer = FrmMainMenu.ReportNo
                ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DataSources.Clear()

Dim CurrentReportDataSource = New ReportDataSource()

Select Case reportNo
            Case 1
                 ReportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportEmbeddedResource = "BusinessReports.RptAllPatients.rdlc"
                 CurrentReportDataSource.Name = "CASDataSet"
                CurrentReportDataSource.Value = GetAllPatientsBindingSource
                ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(CurrentReportDataSource)
                Me.GetAllPatientsTableAdapter.Fill(Me.CASDataSet.GetAllPatients)
            Case 2
                Dim MEDate As Date = FrmMainMenu.cbEndDate.Value
                ReportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportEmbeddedResource = "BusinessReports.RptGetAllStaff.rdlc"
                ' ReportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportPath = "RptGetAllStaff.rdlc"
                CurrentReportDataSource.Name = "CASDataSet2"
                CurrentReportDataSource.Value = GetAllStaffBindingSource
                ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(CurrentReportDataSource)
                Me.GetAllStaffTableAdapter.Fill(Me.CASDataSet2.GetAllStaff, MEDate)

Case Else
                MessageBox.Show("Report not Found", "CAS Alert !")
        End Select
        Me.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

End Sub

Again all help appreciated.

Back