Getting error while creating a dll for a proxy class of a web service.

ayyazm64

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,
I am trying to make a DLL for a proxy class of a web service as:

VB.NET:
vbc.exe /t:library /r:system.web.dll /r:system.web.services.dll /r:system.xm
l.dll /r:system.data.dll proxyservice.vb

It gives me errors as :

VB.NET:
E:\ProxyService.vb(73) : error BC30456: 'InvokeAsync' is not a member of 'Service'.

Me.InvokeAsync("DBRead", New Object() {tblname}, Me.DBReadOperationCompl
eted, userState)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

E:\ProxyService.vb(78) : error BC30002: Type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.InvokeCompletedEventArgs' is not defined.

Dim invokeArgs As System.Web.Services.Protocols.InvokeCompletedEvent
Args = CType(arg,System.Web.Services.Protocols.InvokeCompletedEventArgs)

Do i have to include system.web.services.protocols.dll but i read it is included
in system.web.services.dll then why it is complaining about certain members of the class.Here "Service" is my webservice and "proxyservice.vb" is proxy class whose dll is need to be created and "DBRead" is a method in my web service "Service".
'InvokeAsync' is method generated when proxy class is created by WSDL.exe and is not a member of my webservice.
need help.
Regards!
Ayyaz

Why don't you just use Visual Studio (or VB Express)? You can create a Class Library project and add the Web/Service reference, and just compile it from there.

Hi John,
I created a class library but when i try to add a web reference to my web service(which is in another project) it couldn't locate it, even though when
i locate it in its project it locates the service and add a ref to it.
I am new to web service , could you please guide me through.
Thanks
Ayyaz

Using the 'Add Web/Service reference' dialog you specify the url to the service or browse for, the service must be running when you add it. The url can also be seen in your browsers addressbar when you run your service from IDE debugger (pressing 'play' button).

Back