Question How to make your program run only on one system?

hahaitsdrew

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have developed a simple software, yet helpful, and is intented for my online biz team. I'm planning to sell it to them but I don't want someone to share it/send it through some online means, and not having some other member to purchase it from me.

Can you guys share me something that you know? even just the simplest one will do.

I was thinking like, getting the Ip address, and saving it to a system's directory, and whenever they run the program for the second time..upon loading, the program will check if their IP address matches what was saved on their dir. But I don't know how to do it by coding. I just had the idea for some weird reason. lol

Thank you so much in advance!

Drew

Your suggestion illustrates why rolling your own in this case is unlikely to be useful. All the user would have to do would be to copy the application without the file that contains the IP address. If you want to implement a system that will genuinely be useful then I suggest that you pay for a proper licensing component, e.g. Infralution Licensing System or Quick License Manager.

Back