Question i can take server 2005 instances all of our local but 2000 doesnot take

omeryamak

Programming Experience
1-3
hi i have a question about Microsoft.Sqlserver class

i added to my project a combobox and i call my sql server all of our local server.

i use smoapplication.enumavailaablesqlserver. but just server 2005 comes to my combobox's items. server2000 and server2008 instances dont come to my items. what can i do

hi priyanks. i tried that you said. but i cant take servers again.
i want to take server of my server but dont just 2005 instances. i need take server 2000 instances and 2008 instances. you said that just take for local\remote servers...

i heard DMO application. what do you know about dmoapplication.?

probably DMO takes instances of 2000 server.

SQLServer 2005 has replaced SQL-DMO with SQL-SMO. Though it still ships DMO but SMO is the recommended API. Believe me in the past when I had used DMO with SQL2000 for getting the instances name, it used to crash Enterprise manager everytime and I had to register sqldmo dll again n again which had become a real nuisance. I am really liking the SMO feature introduced in 2005.

Microsoft itself says that you might have to call EnumAvailableSqlServers again and again for getting all of the instances of sqlserver. The more you call it, the more instances will become visible.

Did you turn on the sqlbrowser and is the firewall turned off?

Back