IIS 6.0 question....I am stumped

gerbel3536

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all

The problem I am having is that we use certificates to view a webpage (https://)

Well these certs are custome made and don't expire until 2014. Everything works fine. Everyone has an account in Active Directory, and people can view the page that are part of the domain and not part of the domain.

===============
let me elaborate a bit more on how it works...a local user must log into their machine (user/pass) when they get to the site they must type in the same
(user/pass)

A non-local user, not part of the domain but has an account in AD, goes to the page, and types in their (user/pass)
===============

Here is the problem. When a local user's password expires in AD, once they change it they are no longer able to view the page. They must re-install the certs. but the non-local user does not have this problem, when they are forced to change their password they do not have to re-install the certs.

I believe the problem may be in IIS itself on how it was setup.....any comments are welcomed......I'm about to wrap my mouse around my neck and see how far I can throw myself.

Thanks for the comments....LOL

I might have found one thing.....that when i re-install the cert i only need to re-install .pfx file and not the .crt file.

any thoughts???

Back