installing visual studio 2012

glda19

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi
Ho nows how we can select only that part of programmer language we need.
I installrd the ultimate version od vs2012. But i can't select the programmer language. The installer install all the language.

I only need vb.net

Your hard disk free space would like a word with you Juggalo...

I have not installed 2012 yet, but I would expect there would be a Custom install option that you might have missed.

Your hard disk free space would like a word with you Juggalo...

I have not installed 2012 yet, but I would expect there would be a Custom install option that you might have missed.
When I installed it, I didn't see that option, but then again I wasn't really looking for it either since I do both C# and VB.Net so the only option I would uncheck is the C++.Net one anyways.
VS2012 isn't like VS2008 and older where unchecking the C# and C++.Net options saves you a lot of disk space by comparison, so unchecking them in 2012 might save you 200 Megs or something like that (I don't know the actual number off hand), which is unnoticeable these days.

I actually only have 110 GB for the windows drive on my Win7 system and I have VS2008, 2010 and now 2012 installed on it plus all of my other apps & games, I am realizing that next time I do a clean install of Win7 (I'm due for it) I should bump that drive up to 150 GB.
Most people tend to get computers with a single 500 GB or 1 TB drive and they don't partition it for organization, they just leave it as 1 giant drive because that's how it came so I can see where installing all of the languages might cause a problem, but it just re-enforces why I have mine partitioned, I can fill a drive/partition with all my files without ever having to worry about how much free space is left for Windows to use because Windows runs on it's own partition, separate from my files.

Back