installing visual studio 2022

andrews

Programming Experience
5-10
I installed Visual Studio 2022 on my new PC (Windows 11).
But what I have seen in the applications that there are two notifications, both Visual Studio 2022 and Visual Studio 2022 Preview.
Does that mean I installed it twice?
If so, can I try to delete the latter?

A second problem is that I had created a small project and then also accessed the toolbox.
But now the toolbox is no longer visible, and it cannot be called up.
Could I have unknowingly deleted that?
Thanks for any answer

It does sound like you may have installed the current stable version of VS and the preview of the next version. You should uninstall the preview like you would any other app.

Maybe you clicked the close button on the Toolbox window instead of the pin button. Regardless, all tool windows can be accessed from the View menu.

I have found that often times the toolbox will not show when looking at a winform on first load, I have to switch to the code view then click back to the form view to have it display.

The language problem was in Google, I was able to solve it
Thanks, I was able to clear the Visual Studio Preview
But I can't solve the toolbox case.
Perhaps the attachment of a printout of the screen will provide more information about what is wrong.
I would also like to change the black background.
Sorry for all this, I ordered a book about Visual Basic 2022 because I came from vb.net 10 but I do not have the book yet

Attachments

• printscreen.jpg
    printscreen.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 4
As with all new applications, you should have a thorough look through the Options dialogue for VS to see what's there and what you might want to change. There's a load of stuff that you won't need to touch but it's good to have at least a general idea of what's available, so you know where to look in future. You'll find that the application theme and individual colours can be set there.

As for the Toolbox, a tiny picture of VS with the Toolbox not showing doesn't help us at all. It's not going to show anything useful while you have a code window current, but the window itself can still be visible. Have you selected the Toolbox item from the View menu? If so, did anything at all happen? If you did that but saw no change then your installation may be corrupted, so a repair may be in order.

Back