Office driving does not work anymore

Gibou

Programming Experience
5-10
Hello,

I've added an action in my asp.net website which allows the user to generate some doc and xls documents based on templates (a dot file for Word and a xls one for Excel).

I worked since the end of last week but I don't understand why, now, it doesn't work anymore and I would like to have your advices.

Here is the context :
First of all, you should know that it works perfectly on localhost but on IIS, over the Web, no way, no document is generated.

VB.NET:
' Here the code to export the user data in a Word document
Public Sub export()
        oWord = New Word.Application
        Dim missing As Object = System.Reflection.Missing.Value

' _template_path is a string with the absolute path to the template file (the dot one). I've verified : the path is correct.
        If (File.Exists(Me._template_path)) Then
            Dim oDoc As Word.Document = oWord.Documents.Add(Template:=Me._template_path)

' Whatever I make, here, oDoc = nothing and I don't know why. It is the main source of problems.

' Here, I call a method which replaces bookmarks in the dot file by the user data values
            intermediariesExportOperations()

' Try to save the document but it's not easy 'cause the oDoc is nothing...
            If Not File.Exists(_destination_path) Then
                Try
                    oDoc.SaveAs(_destination_path)
                Catch ex As NullReferenceException
                    Debug.WriteLine(ex.Message)
                End Try
            Else
                ' Here we change the document name by "name(1).doc" or "name(2).doc", etc...
                Dim cpt As Int16 = 2
                While (File.Exists(Me._destination_path.Replace(".doc", "(" & cpt & ").doc")))
                    cpt += 1
                End While
                oDoc.SaveAs(Me._destination_path.Replace(".doc", "(" & cpt & ").doc"))
                Me._file_name.Replace(".doc", "(" & cpt & ").doc")
            End If

' Try to close the document
            Try
                oDoc.Close()
            Catch ex As NullReferenceException
                Debug.WriteLine(ex.Message)
            End Try
            oWord.Quit(missing, missing, missing)
            ReleaseComObject(oWord)
            oWord = Nothing
        End If
    End Sub

Here, it does not work because of the oDoc whish is nothing. But even before this problem, I had another. In the processus list, WINWORD.EXE was never killed. Any idea ? I think I have properly closed the document don't I ?

Now, on the server side :
Microsoft Office 2003 is properly installed (Excel and Word only) with a legal licence bought by my company.

- I work on IIS 6 so i gave to the user NETWORK_SERVICE all access rights to drive Office (in the DCOM configuration).

- I've added the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel/Word references to the project and I work with it without any problems.

- In the applications events viewer, I've seen some warnings from MsiInstaler with codes 1004 and 1015. They said that a key was not found in the regedit for the user NETWORK_SERVICE. So i added the right keys to the NETWORK_SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20).

- It still does not work and I don't know elsewhere I could search.

Hoping You'll be of great advice for me... Thank you :)

Back