ole db connection gone awol

Technically Blonde

Programming Experience
1-3
Help! I have an application written some time ago, about 4 year I think, VB.Net 2003 with an underlying Access database. I use an ole.db connector to connect to the database, and overnight it went awol (On Windows Vista).

If I try to create a new database connection on the windows form, as soon as I select Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider, then next - I get the message

Microsoft Data Link Error - Provider is no longer available. Ensure that the provider is installed properly.

If I try to check the Control Panel - Administrator - Data Sources ODBC I get
Unable to load msjter40.dll message twice and then the Microsoft Access driver is out of memory.

Everything was working fine on Tuesday, problem started to occur yesterday morning. Nothing changed as far as I know, except for a Windows Update.

This problem is also affecting a bought in application (Vodafone Mobile Lite - internet usb key software), which no longer works - gets a msjter40.dll error.

It's been a while since I have looked at this stuff, and I'm lost! I have been hunting around the internet but can't find anything that seems to relate to my problem!

Any help you can give will be appreciated!

I'm not really doing very much these days having retired to sunny Puglia in Italy! So I still have my old development environment of VB.NET 2003. I really only want to be able to continue to use the application I developed to manage our holiday rentals ...... which until now, didn't need anything more than my old version of VB.NET!

Back