Plug-In

ss7thirty

Programming Experience
5-10
Not sure if this belongs in this section but here it goes. I have an existing program that I am writing a plug-in for. In the old application it is a big cluster of poor code so I am trying to get out of it when using other application to rotate/qc/delete/move/rename images this is the bridge between the programs and the much larger existing program.

It uses a treeview to display files and folders (color coded and tagged) using nodes and all that good stuff. The applications that I am opening are spicer, ACDSee6, and windows explorer. I am using the shell command to open them and for some reason this does not allow me open acdsee but the others are working fine.

I am looking for ways and suggestions on how to run ACDSee other than with the shell command but keep in mind that launching it is not enough i must be able to specify the folder or file to open using that application.

Based on the fact that it is on the windows context menu when you right click an image it should not be hard for me to do in visual basic.net .

I anticipate that the answer to this question will most likely be one line of code.

I appreciate everyone who reads and responds to one of my posts.

Steve

The shell command should allow you to open any program. There must be some problem with either the shell command you're using or the program installation.

The System.Diagnostics.Process class is a better alternative to the shell command, it gives you more control. The documentation should tell you all you need to know.

Back