Question Preventing Your Application To Be Cracked, Suggestions?

gracepro

Programming Experience
5-10
I have tried many protectors and obfuscators on my projects but havent anyone that works well. I know there isnt any protection that cannot be cracked but there must be some that is hard = requiring alot of time for the cracker, perhaps too much time so they skip trying?

Another problem with protection is that they often show false AV alerts which scare away many potential customers.

In my last .NET project I used .Net Protector which seems to be working well so far but the problem is that it shows false AV Alerts also what concerns me a little about this protection is that the protector itself have been cracked, check here: EZIRIZ.NET.REACTOR.V4.8.0.0.CRACKED._XianiZ_.rar Download - Directmirror.com - Upload & Mirror your files! .

So can someone give me some advice what protection to use for C#, .NET or C++ as it is these languages I mainly work with.

As you said, nothing is completely safe, but.... Usually the most pain in the ass protection involves a hardware dongle, a mandatory connection to your servers from the client over a fully encrypted channel, mandatory updates, etc... Often the problem is not really the protection scheme, it's the implementation and integration into the application. In any case, calculate how much money you would lose if your app was cracked, and see what kind of protection half of that buys you.

Back