Question Problem linking to xlsb on SharePoint in WPF

MikeBlackman

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi,

I am having real problems getting data or copy files from SharePoint using VB.Net in Visual Studio. I am using the following to access local drives successfully:

VB.NET:
[FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]conData.Open("Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\q764526\Desktop\Test 2_Copy1\Mikes Test File.xlsb;Extended Properties=Excel 12.0 Xml") [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

But if I put a valid SharePoint file path in there then it fails. This is a method I have used to access the files using Excel VBA so I know that the implementation of the ADODB connection is in theory correct.

I have tried to use System.Web.Services to do this also but I've had no luck whatsoever. Unfortunately I have no other option than to link to excel/text files on SP else I really wouldn't :)

Can anybody help me with the "Correct" or at least succesful method for connecting to SP files?

Kind regards

Mike Blackman

Back