Question problem with multi monitor

pooya1072

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi
i install visual studio on my system.my VGA is onboard . my system has two monitor .when i run VS display start to blink.the resolation is change to lowest mode .but if i change the display setting to one monitor every things will be ok.
why this happen?
what can i do?

thanks....
but i install visual studio ultimate version and i checked all the necessary requirments.my question is why only in multi monitor mode? why in single monitor mode it work correctly?

Can you confirm a few things please.

When you open Visual Studio, click Help > About and post the version details here please.

Also,

What operating system are you using?
How much RAM have you got?
What is the strength of your Processor?

What type of graphics card are you using? Full model details please.

You said the resolution is changed to the lowest mode, what is the exact resolution of both monitors when dual monitor is active and VS flickers? And what is the resolution of single monitor when dual monitor is disabled and VS works good?

sure ...
- Microsoft Visual studio 2010 ultimate version 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel
- Ram 2 GB DDR2
- CPU : 3.2 GHz
- in dual monitor , resulation change to 800 * 600 with flick and in single monitor the resulation is 1280 * 1024 with normal form

for VGA information i should go to my office . now i don't access to my system.at this time i just know it 's onboard.

According to here, you need to have the resolution set to 1024 x 768 or higher using a DirectX 9 capable video card so there might be your problem. When you are running dual monitor, do you have the resolution of both set to 1280 x 1024 or is it only when you turn on VS that the resolution automatically changes to 800 x 600?

i searched about my problem and found a subject about it.an almost same problem and a solution . one of the solution that offered :
go to visual studio / tools / option / general tab .... then go to "visual experience" and uncheck the "Automattically adjust visual experience based on client performance" / uncheck " use hardware graphics acceleration if available"
what you think about it? is it possible that any relation exist between my problem and this subject?

I think Visual Experience is more about how Visual Studio will look and act based on your machine's abilities rather than VS adapting your machine to make it handle everything VS wants to do. My thought is that your graphics drivers may need updating/re-installing. If VS recognizes that there is graphics acceleration but it causes some bugs when it tries to utilize it then somewhere along the chain of command your drivers are not doing what they are being told to do.

Make sure you go direct to the vendor's website to get your updated drivers.

Back