Question Process.Start works in test, does not work on intranet

helen.trim

Programming Experience
10+
I have a line of code:

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("explorer.exe", DocumentFolder)

When I test it, it open Windows Explorer at the specified folder. But when I put the web application on to our intranet server, it does nothing.

Is there a setting in IIS that I can change to get this working? Thanks for your help.

What exactly are you expecting to happen? If it's a web application then clients will presumably be accessing it in their browser. Where exactly are you expecting the Explorer window to open? If the code is executed on the web server then it's going to open on the web server if anywhere, which is not of any use to a client viewing a browser on the other side of the world. What are you actually trying to accomplish?

What exactly are you expecting to happen? If it's a web application then clients will presumably be accessing it in their browser. Where exactly are you expecting the Explorer window to open? If the code is executed on the web server then it's going to open on the web server if anywhere, which is not of any use to a client viewing a browser on the other side of the world. What are you actually trying to accomplish?

Thanks, that is helpful. I have decided not to do it that way after all, as it isn't going to work. I want to allow users to browse files in a given folder, so instead of opening Windows Explorer, I have added in a list box that displays the files in the folder.

Back