Remotly access Sql Express mdf database

Shemeer

Programming Experience
Beginner
Help me to connect Sql Express 2005 mdf file to connect remotely.

Please do us the courtesy of posting in the most appropriate forum for the topic and not just the first one you come to. Thread moved.

There are two ways to connect to a SQL Server Express database:

1. You can deploy the MDF file with your application and then attach it to SQL Server on demand. This would only be done for single user apps with a local server.

2. You build a new database or attach an existing database permanently to the server using SQL Server Management Studio Express. This database can then be accessed by any user and any application on the network, assuming that the instance has been setup to support remote connections.

If you can specify which of those scenarios matches your situation then we can provide more information if required. That said, as far as the application is concerned it doesn't really matter. The only thing that is different from the application's point of view is the connection string. You can find all the connections strings you might need at ConnectionStrings.com - Forgot that connection string? Get it here!.

Sql Express Remote access

Hi,

Am using only Sql Express 2005. i want to create a server client like atmosphere with mdf file.

mdf file will be in the server system and no mdf files in client systems.
the clients and server should work from the mdf file.

that is one database for all systems.

is it possible ?

i will be glad to hear from u ........

Thanks in advance.

SQL Server Express can handle multi-user networked apps no problem, although the databases can only be 4GB and it won't handle the same load as the full SQL Server. What you want to do is no different than it would be with the full SQL Server. You need to install SQL Server Express on your server and make sure you enable remote connections. You use Management Studio Express to create the database and then your application simply needs to specify the appropriate connection string, the format for which you can find using the link in my last post.

Is there any installation procedure on how to install the Server and Client of SQL Server 2005 Express? Because i'm having proble in accessing the Server Remotely?

I've already checked the server if it has Remote access, Also configured the Surface Area Configuration.

what do i need to have a server / client database? help please....

Latest posts

Back