Saving An Excel File Through Citrix

ss7thirty

Programming Experience
5-10
I developed a regular windows application which connects to a SQL server and outputs data to excel. This works when I run locally on my machine flawlessly. I then deploy my application to a citrix server where other people will be able to access the application from a central location. While running through citrix it seems like I get the following error:

VB.NET:
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.WorkbookClass.SaveAs(Object Filename, Object FileFormat, Object Password, Object WriteResPassword, Object ReadOnlyRecommended, Object CreateBackup, XlSaveAsAccessMode AccessMode, Object ConflictResolution, Object AddToMru, Object TextCodepage, Object TextVisualLayout, Object Local)
   at CustomerSpecificSales.Form1.GenerateExcel()
   at CustomerSpecificSales.Form1.btnSend_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

This same error occurs if I save, open, or save as on an excel workbook. I have written an application which does use a streamwriter to output text and also the XML objects to write XML files. It seems like excel throws a bone into the mix. Any help here would be greatly appreciated, please let me know if you need additional information. I have checked all permissions and what not but nothing seems to work here.

I found this answer after time browsing through the forum but I do not remember the exact thread that I found my answer. But server-side automation of excel application is not supported and it seems like I will have to find another way to work-around this problem.

Back