Question Send All ASCII values (0-255) to another console window

mynameissue

Programming Experience
5-10
I have a feeling this is really simple but I've not been able to solve this. I want the ability to send/print/write all possible ASCII codes (0-255) to another console-window application. From my application I would enter the name of the "receiving" application and the comma seperated hex values that should be sent/print/written to it. I have used AppActivate to select the "receiving" application and then have used sendInput and send.sendkeys to attempt to send the desired ASCII value. However, these appear to have limitations on values greater than 127. I need to be able to send all 255 values. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

An observation I recently made was that it seems to only affect console/terminal application - such as cmd.exe. It will work fine on GUI based apps like notepad. So I can send chr's greater than 127 to notepad and it works but sending the same chr to a cmd.exe window displays the wrong character.

Important question...does the command prompt support only ASCII (0-127), or also the Extended Ascii Character Set... (128-255) which is all your funky symbols? What does it display if you print to cmd.exe vs notepad?

Back