Should I do a vb.net course?

tinyy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey

I have just registered to this site as i am looking to do a home learning course as a Microsoft certified professional certificate in vb.net

its a lot of money and a lot of time and ive not had any experience in this in depth part of computing. im just curious because it looks so intimidating to me, is it something that anyone can do as long as they put there mind to it?

also what sort of job would i look to get with this certificate or do i need more certificates first before an employer would talk to me?

i hope someone can shed some light for me

thanks

i have a friend in IT and he advised me that not many IT people with knowledge want to really help someone like me with no knowledge at all cos im a 'NOOB'? is that true?

It's not that no one wants to help. Few people even look this section.

As far as a certificate, I wouldn't jump straight into that. You should probably go to a bookstore and get a beginners book or two. Once you've worked through those, you'll be ready for more advanced stuff.

I've only had 4 college computer classes in my life. I didn't even take those until a year after I got my current job so, if this is something you are interested in, then study away.

When you start writing actual programs, feel free to post on this site if you get stuck on something. Everyone is happy to help out with specific problems as long as you show that you are making the effort and not just trying to get someone here to write your program for you.:)

Should I do a new vb course?

I've been in the IT sector for 4 years now as a Junior Programmer. Its also my first time in the forum but I can assure you this is the forum for you when you get stuck on your programming but you should know what you're goggling for, it is very helpful.

Back