Simple Simple Simple execute console

ss7thirty

Programming Experience
5-10
I have some commands that I want to type into the DOS command prompt

For example when I am in the directory by typing "cd c:\program files\interplot professional\bin" and I type iplotorg @textFileName.txt this executes the commands I have created in those text files.

I have a bunch of text files I have created by parsing a bunch of data in a directory all that I want to do is have a program that reads the text into the command prompt rather than me having to type in the name of each text because there are a few thousand.

I am assuming that I will need to create some sort of batch file to do this but unfortunately I do not know how to do this basic task.

Why you want to remote control Command Prompt? You could list the text files and run your console command with Process.Start.

This is because I am going to create the commands (text files), run them, create more, and run again using a console application and just needed to know how to execute those commands just by double clicking an executable.

You don't doubleclick an executable in code, you execute the executable with Process.Start. System.IO namespace provides classes and methods to list files which you can pass as parameters if you wish.

Back