sqlexpress as a server when deploying

princerr22

Programming Experience
1-3
hello all,

i have created a deployment setup. in prerequisite i have added sqlexpress as my database is in sql server, my question is can i use sqlexpress as a server and access from other system in LAN??? thanks in advance

SQL Server Express works just like the full edition of SQL Server with a few limitations. When you install SQL Server Express as part of a an application install though, it will only install the database engine, i.e. there will be no Management Studio with which to manage your instance and its databases and it will be configured not to allow remote connections by default. Also, you should never use AttachDbFileName in a connection string when connecting to a default instance.

so how to resolve this issue?? as i need to deploy it on client machine where one system is database server and other in LAN are client who are going to access the database from server. please suggest me any way out...

In that case you won't want to install SQL Server Express as part of your application installation. That will install the database engine on every client machine. You'll need to get a user to install SQL Server Express separately on the server. They will want to install an edition that includes Management Studio. You can then provide scripts or a backup file or whatever to allow them to create the initial database.

thnx for this.. but any other solution??? i mean i dont want to make a client to install something separately..

You might want to get over that.

Back