System.IO.Ports (again)

J Trahair

Programming Experience
10+
Hi everyone. This is really embarrassing...

I have an error message in my VB.Net app.
HTML:
Error	1	Reference required to assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' containing the type 'System.IO.Ports.Parity'. Add one to your project.	C:\My Documents\PTMCE50\PTMCE50\Tickets.vb	3623	30	PTMCE50

On looking here before posting this, I found a request from me about the same thing! :confused:

Well, it's happened again. The previous posting did not give the answer - only my thanks to the respondent.

It's possible this time I may have deleted something, but I have repaired my CF2.0 installation.

I have been to the project References page, and one of the imported namespaces is System.IO.Ports.

In the top References section, I have tried to 'Add' System.IO.Ports.Parity, but it is not present in the Add button tabs - .NET, Projects, Browse (no file on my system called System.IO.Ports) and Recent.

How can I fix this problem, please?

(The other problem, of me having to ask the same question twice, is probably beyond the scope of this forum.)

The error message says you haven't referenced 'System' which means System.dll, this is the assembly that contains the Parity Enumeration (belonging in namespace System.IO.Ports namespace). It can be found in Add Reference dialog in .Net listing, component name "System", version 2.0., path ...System.dll.

Thanks for the response. I already have a System.dll in References. I should have noticed that also the System.IO.Ports.Parity intellisense was working, and the underlined part of the code line was *not* the System.IO.Ports bit, it was for a different dll altogether. So the Error message was misleading.

For future reference I must have a Reference to ONeilSDK_CS_WM.dll and ONeilSDK_CS_WD.dll.

Problem solved, thanks again.

Back