test site to production site

dmrac2006

Programming Experience
5-10
I'm having an issue with moving our "first" test application from the test server - a local IIS server - to a remote production site. As I guess my steps through this, can anyone point me to an article or advice that might clue me in to the answer. I'm developing with VS2005, the project works fine with my local IIS server. Now I copy my "aspx" page to the remote production site and the error is listed below. Next I try the "publish web site", during the publish web site process, I set the destination as the remote site. The project published successfully, yet, I still cannot view the web page. The aspx page is a simple input form with 2 name fields, fname & lname & label button to display full name, very clean & simple for testing on the production site. OK, so the deployment to the remote server is my problem, here is the error I receive, also I have set the <customErrors mode="Off"> in my web.config file, but it does not seem to help with the vague "Server Error in '/' application".
We have contacted our ISP, they have confirmed that their server supports ASP.NET version 2.o

ANY helpful links are advice would be appreciated!!
dmcra2006 Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>[/FONT]

Back