test

Administrator

VB.NET Forum Admin
Programming Experience
10+
Public Sub TestingAgain()
    AlmostDoneTesting
End Sub

I'm not liking this, you can only highlight 1 line at a time, not the whole thing

Click the VB button, type vb and then place your code between the tags.

I'm hoping to replace the normal # feature with this soon.

Your post (post #1) doesn't have a button to be clicked, unless I edit it, but normal user's can't edit other's posts

If you use the quick edit you won't get it, click the "Go Advanced" when editing.

It's simply BBCODE. Just wrap the VB code with [ XCODE=vb ] and then [ /XCODE ]. You can enter this info manually too once you learn it.

That's not what I'm referring to though, if when viewing the posts, I want to highlight the code you posted so I can paste it in VS to test/edit it, I can only highlight 1 line at a time, scroll up to the first post, try to highlight all of it from the left of the 'Public' to the end of the 'End Sub'

You'll notice, only that first line is willing to be highlighted. I do see that if you start highlighting something else, say the word "test" you have in bold above the code snippet, you can highlight the whole this, but then you're getting more than just the code in the snippet, which is not ideal at all.

Plus it causes you to copy the stupid line numbers which is why I don't/didn't ever use the [highlight=vb]...[/highlight] tags either.

With FF, that I use, I have no problem selecting all code within the xcode tag, line numbers is not included in the clipboard text. Pasting into VS is also fine.

I also tested this with IE8 and IE9, and while there is no problem selecting all code, and that line numbers are not included (unless you select them), the problem is that the copied text has no linefeeds (no Cr, no Lf). So until that is resolved you can't really copy code from xcode tags with IE.

About line numbers I never display them in IDE since there is no need to, line number show in status bar if you click a line, and everything else related to line numbers is active links. Here in forums I think it could be useful for explaining by referring to the line number that is displayed in post. Though if the line number feature could be removed at some time later that could also mean old posts that use these referrals could be rendered more useless.

I have the issue with IE9 losing formatting when pasting anything copied. I'm not sure why and I haven't found the answer on google yet. This started for me with IE9. Copy anything from IE9, paste into Notepad and the CR's are lost.

I have the issue with IE9 losing formatting when pasting anything copied. I'm not sure why and I haven't found the answer on google yet. This started for me with IE9. Copy anything from IE9, paste into Notepad and the CR's are lost.
It is not 'anything' from IE9 for me, only the xcode contents. Anything else from a webpage, including content from regular code tags from these forums, does preserve linefeeds when copied to clipboard.

I have this issue with FF 3.6.17, I have not tried any other browsers.

I have this issue with FF 3.6.17, I have not tried any other browsers.
I have FF 4.0.1, didn't mention version number first since mine always auto-update the minute a new version is released, guess the update behaviour is optional though I haven't set it myself.

Back