Question "The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

Lums

Programming Experience
Beginner
"The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

Im using windows 7 home premium 64bit how do i resolve this issue

Set your project's compile option to x86 instead of 'Both'. There isn't a 64Bit Jet provider available so your app needs to run in 32Bit mode, even on 64Bit comps.

Ah, Visual Basic Express I had a fear that would be the case. You wont be able to do this using the IDE because that's one of the things they took out. Make sure VS is closed and right click the project file (*.vbproj) in windows and open it with notepad, it's a plain text xml file.

Under the
VB.NET:
<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|AnyCPU' ">
</PropertyGroup>
and
VB.NET:
<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' ">
</PropertyGroup>
groups add this:
VB.NET:
<PlatformTarget>x86</PlatformTarget>
Now open the project in VS and try running it.

Thread split to http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/oledb/40321-search-database.html Start new threads for new topics.
JuggaloBrotha said:
Visual Basic Express I had a fear that would be the case. You wont be able to do this using the IDE because that's one of the things they took out.
As the post you linked to shows that is not the case, it is just more hidden in Express (or is it? I can't recall Config Manager begin hidden in VB 2008 Express).

Back