Question VB.Net + Simple Math Help?

Programming Experience
1-3
I am frazzled! Can anyone calm me down with an answer? :rolleyes: I have a VB.Net program that i have been working on for about a year now. I have recently completed it! Yay! But not so. As I was testing it, the addition became weird. They have a Punch Card system, where payment can be made that way, then of course cash. That works. BUt at the end of the day, they want to know how much they have taken in. Not Profit, mind you. Just Cash Taken + Punch Card Taken. Simple Math, Right? Well that works fine. *whew!* BUT in a single order, it is possible that someone can use part punchcard, and part cash. So what I need, is how to add half of this, and half of that and not mess it up.

I have an "If" statement, checking to see what kind of payment that one would use. Punch Card + Cash = Daily Total. But it is subtracting Punchcard from cash! (ex. 8.50 cash + 0.50 Punch = 8.00 Daily Total) HELPNESS!!!!!

And by the way, I only put this in here because it didn't seem to fit elsewhere in the forums. Please feel free (moderators) to move the location of this if necessary.

HALP MEH!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry to say that none of us here are mind-readers. As you havent posted any of the code you are using, I havent got a clue :)

Code

:p
it wont let me .zip it, but i really don't need to share much code, if any. I really Explained it well.:cool:

ScrpitingNewbie, you've explained the concept of what you're doing (or more so what it's supposed to be doing) but it's obviously different from how the program is actually doing it.

In order to find out why it's doing "Punch Card - Cash = Daily Total" when it's supposed to be doing "Punch Card + Cash = Daily Total" we'd need to see some code, not the entire project necessarily but the code that handles the daily totals, the punch card and cash stuff.

Thanks!!!

I did the testing it by switching the signs to negative thing. I Found it! Thanks Juggalo, and to everyone!

ANSWERED!

Back