VS 2010 Can't Find File

dudefromthebronx

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a peculiar error in a Visual Basic 2010 Express that doesn't seem to cause any problems, but it's there every time I open this particular project. It's a Windows Forms Application. If I do a Build function on the project, the error message goes away. But if I close the project and re-open it, the error is back again.

Here's the error as it appears in the Error List at the bottom of the screen:

"Error 1 Unable to open module file 'C:\Users\Dann\AppData\Local\Temp\.NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client.AssemblyAttributes.vb': The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Users\Dann\AppData\Local\Temp\.NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client.AssemblyAttributes.vb 1 1 My Web Browser v10"

Thanks for your response, JohnH. I have SP1 installed, but this still happens. Despite the error message, I can still work on my projects in VB 2010 with no problem. If the error message isn't a problem for anyone else, then I won't worry about it so much.

My PC is a Compaq Presario laptop Model C762NR. The hard drive is 160GB and I have 2GB of DDR2 RAM. Also, the processor is a Pentium Dual Core 1.76 GHz. Hope that helps.

Back