what is price quoto!

tompyros1910

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi Dear frenz,

Currently i have developed a small inventory system using vb.net 2003 and sql server 2000.

It mainly will perform some calculation and will display some reports using crystal report!

My problem is , after i deployed it and i need to sell ti to my client.Unfortunately i don't know about the price term. Like for instance, do i need to pay for any deploying process...can i use a single ms studio .net 2003 with license one then deploy many exe from it and sell it to many clients? Do i need to pay for the selling purpose if so can guide me on how to pricing software from .net 2003 ?

plz need you'll good input in this urgently..thanx appreciated!:eek:

As far as I know, as long as you have a licensed copy of VS, any apps developed therein are yours, and you can charge whatever price you want for them (assuming, of course, that your code doesn't violate anyone else's copyright). You don't have to pay royalty fees to MS.

Hi Dear frenz,

Currently i have developed a small inventory system using vb.net 2003 and sql server 2000.

It mainly will perform some calculation and will display some reports using crystal report!

My problem is , after i deployed it and i need to sell ti to my client.Unfortunately i don't know about the price term. Like for instance, do i need to pay for any deploying process...can i use a single ms studio .net 2003 with license one then deploy many exe from it and sell it to many clients? Do i need to pay for the selling purpose if so can guide me on how to pricing software from .net 2003 ?

plz need you'll good input in this urgently..thanx appreciated!:eek:

Your license for you lets you develop the app on any development database servers etc and thats your financial obligation to MS over.

When you sell the product to the client, and it e.g. needs a database, THEY MUST BUY A LICENSE FROM MS for their copy of sql server that will support your app. Similarly if you sell them the source so they can maintain it, they must buy their own licensed copy of Visual Studio

Ensure you do not install any licensed software you own, on a client site

hi guys,,,
I think so that the right name of this thread shall be price quote not price quoto.From my point of view you are under control of the copy of the VS so every application developed under this shall be yours.In addition to this you can charge them with the price of your choice.

Back