Question How can you differentiate two app versions to make two unique deployments?

timothyjb

Programming Experience
10+
I would like to have a backup version of an application installation available. My plan was to do a click-once deployment of backup version which hopefully would have it's own unique entry in the startup menu, alongside the current application. The problem is everytime I publish the backup version, it just takes the place of the current version in the startup menu (as well as the desktop shortcut). Likewise, if I then try and publish the current version, it takes the place of the backup version. I've tried to distinguish the backup version from the current version by using slightly different names for the apps and for the name of the publisher. After that didn't work I even tried using a different GUID generated for the backup, but that didn't work either. Does anyone know how I can differentiate these two application versions so that I can get both backup and current installed versions to be available at the same time?

Back