Resolved Printing Preblem:

SlyBoots

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,
frist of all, sorry for my english :(
&
I use PDF Creator to avoid wasting paper and ink ;)

I've found this code for printing:

VB.NET:
Private Sub StampaToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles StampaToolStripMenuItem.Click
        Try
            If PrintDialog1.ShowDialog() = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then
                PrintDocument1.PrinterSettings = PrintDialog1.PrinterSettings
                AddHandler PrintDocument1.PrintPage, AddressOf PrintDocument_PrintPage
                PrintDocument1.Print()
            End If
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try
End Sub

and

VB.NET:
Private Sub PrintDocument_PrintPage(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Printing.PrintPageEventArgs)
        Try
            e.Graphics.PageUnit = GraphicsUnit.Point
            e.Graphics.RenderingOrigin = New Point(e.MarginBounds.Left, e.MarginBounds.Top)
            Static Font As New Font("Trebuchet MS", 11, FontStyle.Regular, GraphicsUnit.Point)
            Dim Y As Int16 = e.MarginBounds.Top
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try
    End Sub

Now I need to formatting the page...so I try to print a "X" at the top-right corner of the page:
e.Graphics.DrawString("X", Font, Brushes.Black, e.MarginBounds.Right, e.MarginBounds.Top)
or
e.Graphics.DrawString("X", Font, Brushes.Black, e.MarginBounds.Left + e.MarginBounds.Width , e.MarginBounds.Top)

But the X is not printed!
I've this value:
MarginBounds.Left: 100 , Right: 727, Top: 100, Bottom: 1069
PageSize (w x h): 827x1169
PrintableArea: 800x1137,5
Resolution: 600dpi
PaperSize.PaperName: A4

If I change e.Graphics.PageUnit from point to pixel, the X is printed near the left corner (about 2cm)

on a web site I've found that A4 size in point is 595x842 and with this value for margins the X is printed(in the top-right corner of the page, not the printable area):
e.Graphics.DrawString("X", Font, Brushes.Black, 595 - CharWidth, 0)

So, where am I wrong? why the margins are wrong?:confused:

Thank to all

Last edited:
From PrintPageEventArgs.MarginBounds Property help:
The rectangular area, measured in hundredths of an inch, that represents the portion of the page inside the margins.
These numbers will not change no matter how you configure the Graphics object, which means if you change the PageUnit the MarginBounds values will not be appropriate to use directly.

Latest posts

Back