Another distributing problem [RESOLVED]

genu

Programming Experience
1-3
hi...I know I posted before about distributing is a pain...but her is another one that im having a hard time with...I really dont understand.....how do you know if its gonna work or not...cause I mean you are half way done with an app and then it turns out it doesnt work....how do you know if its gonna work or not...or what com is good or bad to use....

Attachments

• AARoster.zip
    39.2 KB · Views: 30
I don't know what you are asking. Please ask a specific question and only post the code necessary to illustrate your point. If you're talking about COM objects, you should always be aware of where it comes from. If you aren't sure, create a very small test project and try that on a different machine. You should be avoiding COM objects if at all possible anyway. Try looking for a .NET solution first. There are freely available .NET controls and components all over the Internet.

ok...well...I attached the project.....ill do what you say...ill experiment....its just that I dont have the time...and I was hoping someone to just give me answer...lol...I guess im being lazy....Ill attemtp to fix

I can be a little blunt at times. I, for one, have an issue with downloading and opening an entire project in the IDE when a few lines of posted code would be more succinct. Time constraints are a problem, I realise, but this is one of those situations where a bit of time invested now will probably save you a lot more time down the track. Also, every .NET developer should become well acquainted with the help system provided with the IDE and also the on-line MSDN library. I have answered questions on this and other forums, on subjects that I have had no previous experience with, simply by typing one word into a help search and reading the first topic returned.

jmcilhinney said:
Also, every .NET developer should become well acquainted with the help system provided with the IDE and also the on-line MSDN library. I have answered questions on this and other forums, on subjects that I have had no previous experience with, simply by typing one word into a help search and reading the first topic returned.

same here, the IDE help is extremely useful

ok....I understand now.....what I did was just unchecked every component from the COM components and from the .NET framework Components list...and then check what I needed from the .NET framework component list...and things are working ok now...so it kinda makes sense now...thanks for your help.

Back