Table relations issue

kapiluha

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have just moved to Visual Studio after working for years with MS Access VB, and have imported my .mdb database into the project. I am using WPF with .net framework. I have a main dataset called Table1 with several child tables to which Table1 has one to many relations around a single key column set as both relation and foreign key constraint. The update rule is set as default.

My difficulties are several:
1. When I select a record in table 1, which appears on the main window with the child tables, I see no data in any of the childs even though I know data exists for these records. What setting do I need to see these child data?
2. I have dragged the fields from Table 1 which are used for data entry and/or display onto the main window, but if I change data values within the text box controils the changes are shown immediately in Table 1, but are not saved when I leave VS. How do I save them back to the .mdb database?
3. Finally, I want to be able to search records in Table 1 and have data from the single found record appear in the fields in the main window. I dont seem to be able to use usual keys such as Crtl-F - how do I search?

Hope this makes sense, would appreciate any help.

Back