cant find .net 2 setup file on comp (downloaded from the net)

ethicalhacker

Programming Experience
5-10
Ive installed .net 2.0 from the internet when I was installing vb.net 2005 express edition, but I cant seem to find the .net 2.0 setup file. I need this to install .net 2.0 on another pc and I dont want to download the whole .net 2.0 environment from the net again
Do u guys have any idea where I would find the setup on my comp which has .net 2.0 installed on it?

The filename is "dotnetfx.exe" for the framework redist you can search for, if you saved it from save/install options it was you who chose the destination folder, perhaps desktop or "my documents" or anywhere.

The filename is "dotnetfx.exe" for the framework redist you can search for, if you saved it from save/install options it was you who chose the destination folder, perhaps desktop or "my documents" or anywhere.
NO Ive tried that filename but I dint find it, but I have .net Environment 2.0 installed on the pc, I think the setup file was saved temporarily in the c:/temp folder and is gone now
Is there any way I can get the setup file from the pc?

hey if i install the .net framework on a pc and then install the vb express 2005 setup how do i skip the download for .net environment It will still ask me to download .net environment before going tro the next step.

redist: If you didn't save it to a location before installing it it's probably gone.

express: It won't download it if already present, didn't last time I tried.

Back