Question Changes made in project

tolu

Programming Experience
5-10
I'm new using the vb.net. I'm working on a vb.net project in visual studio 2008 (express edition), but i'm having some challenges here. The problem is that the changes i'm making to files(forms) in the IDE/solution explorer is not having effect when i debug the application. When i save the changes i see the changes quite alright in the files (when you click on the view code icon) but it seems to not having effect when i click on debug the button to debug the project . Please what am i doing wrong here ?. I have checked the project properties to figure out what i'm doing wrong but i don't seem to have a clue. Any ideas/suggestions please?.

I hear about this every now and then, but never experienced it myself. The problem seems to be that sometimes the files that VS generates during compilation gets corrupt or locked by error. The solution is to quit VS and use Explorer to delete the generated files, they are the Bin and Obj subfolders in project folder, just delete these folders. Then open the project in VS again and recompile.

Back