connect to oracle 11g

cocol

Programming Experience
Beginner
hello.
i have oracle 11g installed on 64 bits laptop running with windows 7.
and i manage the ODBC driver for oracle from the administrative tools ,and i tested the connection from there and everything is okay.
but then i tried to connect to oracle 11g DB using visual studio 2010,so i have this error:
"ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified"
so the problem that i have an 64 bits driver and visual studio 2010 is a 32 bits, so that is the problem.
so anyone had an idea to solve this problem?
thank you in advance.

What connection string are you using to connect? Should look something like this:

VB.NET:
DSN=myDsn;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPwd;

I receive this error when the Data Source Specified in my connection string does not exist.

thank you for your reply.
but i am so sorry,i post the false error.
yes this error posted in my thread is caused by a false connection string,but the true error is:
"
ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application
"
this error because VS 2010 is 32 bits and oracle driver is 64 bits.
for more information:
in administrative tools in control panel,in Data Sources(ODBC),i have added the driver :"Oracle in OraBb11g_home1",and my connection string is:
"
"DSN=orcl;UID=system;PWD=pass;DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};SERVER=localhost;"
"
if i can use other driver or other method than ODBC and it works so i don't have any problems,i want just to made the connection worked.
thank you very much.

Back