Resolved Controls added, but not enabled

Plan_OK

Programming Experience
1-3
VB.net Version 17.7.1 Framework 6.0.21 Windows 10

Hello everyone,
I am trying to add Windows Media Player control in my project. I follow the procedure, but, the system message informs me that the control has been correctly added, but it is not enabled in the design window. Make sure that the controls to be added are compatible with the active design window and version of the .NET Framework.

I try adding the control to a new project: nothing changes.
I uninstall and reinstall Visual Studio and try again: same as before.
I try to do the same with another control: LibVLCSharp 3.7.0: no control added and same message as before even though I find the library among the dependencies (but names not recognized).
I tried installing VS on another computer: same results.
Is some component missing in the Visual Studio installation?
I found another thread with the same problem, but it was abandoned.
What can I do about it? Thanks for your help.

Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition

Installation details of VB:
Basic Shell of Visual Studio
Development for desktop .NET
Development tools for .NET
Development tools for .NET Framework
Entity Framework 6 tools
.NET profiling tools
IntelliCode
JIT Debugger
Live Share
Individual Components
Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Project 2022

Solution
If you're targeting .NET 6 then that's .NET Core and not .NET Framework. I don't think that a WMP control will work in .NET Core. You probably need to create a new project targeting .NET Framework.
If you're targeting .NET 6 then that's .NET Core and not .NET Framework. I don't think that a WMP control will work in .NET Core. You probably need to create a new project targeting .NET Framework.

Solution
OK, jmcilhinney, thank you for your quick and correct answer.
I did some testing and I saw that the problem is really the choice of Framework.
I have recently started programming again after several years and I am having some problems, especially since I am trying to insert video elements into the project.
It was going very well until now: I wrote a code of 6 modules with many visual elements and about 3,000 lines. I think it is impossible for me to recreate the project with Framework 4.5: too much work!
OK, thanks again, I close this thread and open another one with a request for player replacement.

Back