Finger Print matching classes required - OpenGl

sunnypalsingh

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am Planning to make a security software based on finger print matching in VB.NET. Are there any already built in classes or SDK's(Software Development Kits available) which i can use in my project.

Please help me..

Last edited:
Any other

Thanx but can u provide me with any other...i already read this

Well, if i don't misunderstood your question then i must say that (with all respect) you've hit a dead end because that is a whole branch of programming that analyze pictures of finger print. I don't think you can just find a finger print algorithm laying around ... you will have to pay for a commercial product or someone to develop it for you as it's not an easy task at all

maybe these two articles could be useful in order to clarify the hardness of the task you have been involved in
http://www.crimtrac.gov.au/fingerprintanalysis.htm
http://biometrics.cse.msu.edu/fingerprint.html

Cheers ;)

Thanx

yaa u r perfectly right ...i have hit a dead end.....i am not able to write my own algorithm....anyways thanx alot...article links were good.....my last resort is keep on searching net...

Yeah, sorry mate. I also need some fingerprint reader SDK's and I have been searching my butt of. Unfortunately, it seems that no-one were enthusiastic enough to create opensource/freeware fingerprint modules/SDK's or whatever. (BTW, my device did not provide any SDK's or dll's or COM's).

Expect to pay around $900 (American).

I feel your pain...

dead end? there's no dead end here...

yaa u r perfectly right ...i have hit a dead end.....i am not able to write my own algorithm....anyways thanx alot...article links were good.....my last resort is keep on searching net...

i have already developed an application called camcap which operates on similar principle to a fingerprint reader in the sense that it analyzes an image pixel by pixel and executes a certain action according to the colour of that pixel.

in my opinion, you should be able to get away with lifting a fingerprinting using talc and sticky tape and placing it on a black surface (smooth and single shaded like gloss). if you take a photo of the lifted print, and scan pixel by pixel for similarites between two prints. camcap does exactly this. the hard part is detecting those similarities. i'm going to write a fingerprint analysis application. will upload finished app and source when (if) i finish

Back